This December, the most anticipated “long-awaited” sequel in film history since The Godfather Part III, will finally be here.
In honor of Anchorman 2′s upcoming release, I invite my idiot and learned readers alike to name their favorite films from uber-funny and 21st-century absurdist satirical mastermind, Will Ferrell.
Here are The Spin’s Top Ten picks -
- Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006) – Shake & Bake, Dear Lord Baby Jesus and Rickeeee Bobeee. This was Ferrell, John C. Reilly and Sacha Baron Cohen at the height of their powers.
- Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004) – Stay Classy. Not much else to say here.
- The Other Guys (2010) – The scene where the Rock and Samuel L. Jackson leap from a building is still one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
- Step Brothers (2008) – Ferrell and Reilly again in all their monumentally moronic man-child glory.
- The Campaign (2012) – Political farce just got Farrelled.
- Stranger than Fiction (2006) – Underrated quasi-dramatic turn for Farrell…this was his Truman Show.
- Melinda & Melinda (2004) – Underrated contemporary Woody Allen piece has Farrell playing the Woody part surprisingly well.
- Zoolander (2001) – Though he’s technically not the star, Farrell’s villain was just one of many hilarious characters in this cult classic.
- Wedding Crashers (2005) – Again, not the star, but Farrell owns the most memorable laughs from this mega-hit.
- Blades of Glory (2007) – Nuff said.
All the rest are crap. Now name your Ferrell picks in the comments field.
P.S. Who else is super stoked about IFC’s upcoming “mini-series event” – a Ferrell produced adaptation of Eric Jonrosh’s The Spoils of Babylon?