The Stone – A Digital Literary Magazine – is a unique new venture from The Schleicher Spin that was launched in December of 2011.
The Stone was founded to bridge the gap between classic storytelling and new technology. Our goal is to provide great stories to the masses in a modern user-friendly format, through the Kindle app, at an affordable price. We seek contributors from across the globe, both established writers and independents.
So go ahead and roll back The Stone to uncover great stories in the digital age.
Founder and Editor – D. H. Schleicher
Are you a writer looking to submit your work? We are always open for submissions and will gladly read your stories!
Please follow these guidelines:
Entries that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered.
- We are looking for original, previously unpublished works written in English.
- We currently do not have a word limit, however, we typically publish stories of 5,000 words or less. If your story is longer than that, just make sure to knock us dead. Flash fiction is also welcome.
- We are open to stories of varying themes and styles, however we will not consider children’s stories or erotica. Stories that could be classified as genre pieces (i.e. cozy mysteries, fantasy, sci-fi) are not what we typically look for, however, literary stories with creative use of genre elements (we love a bit of mystery or a good twist as much as the next guy) are welcome and encouraged.
- All submissions must be sent via email.
- Email your entry to email@example.com with “Submission: Story Title and Author Name” in the subject line.
- Include your entire story in the body of the email along with a brief author bio as you would like it to appear if your story were to be selected for publication. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY ATTACHMENTS!
We will do our best to respond to your entries in a timely manner, within six weeks if possible. Please do not send a follow-up inquiry unless six weeks have passed.
We do accept simultaneous submissions but ask that you notify us as soon as possible if your entry has been selected for publication in another magazine. We promise to have a drink in honor of your success and hope that you consider us in the future for other works!
If selected for publication, we ask for first publication rights. At this time we are not able to offer payment, but we do offer the satisfaction in being published and having your story available to readers across the globe. After publication in The Stone, you are free to republish your story in additional anthologies. We simply ask that you reference that the story was first published in The Stone.
Rights for all individual published works revert to the author upon publication. The Stone Magazine reserves the right to archive and republish works previously featured.
***Notice to Artists and Photographers: We are also always seeking original artwork/photography for our covers. If you are interested in offering your services, please use the same email address above for story submissions.
Remember – You don’t need a Kindle to read The Stone. All you need is the free Kindle App! Don’t have the Kindle App yet? Click here to download it for free to your PC, Mac, iPad, tablet or smart-phone.
Have the Kindle App already? Then click here to download The Stone – Issue Three now for only $1.99 (USD).