I’m excited to announce the upcoming release, April 7th 2020, of my new short story collection.
Eleven twisting tales curated from nearly a decade of work, And Then We Vanish features five new stories and six previously published stories.
In these stories we encounter characters who are victims of their own poor decisions and of chance, like a young boy under the threat of a local kidnapping scare who starts to realize the truth about himself and his father one fateful Halloween, a woman in the midst of a midlife crisis whose dog keeps running away from her, a disgraced college professor who becomes entangled with his down-and-out neighbors outside of Atlantic City, and a lonely person who wanders Niagara Falls at night imagining their escape with a mysterious stranger.
These characters might be longing to disappear or left behind by those who already have, and their stories challenge us to connect with them while they navigate the waves of mystery, violence, and the absurd that filter into their everyday lives.
Discover Eleven Ways to Vanish in the Following Tales:
- The Pumpkin Thief – new
- The Ballerina in Battery Park – originally published in Scratch Anthology: Volume 3
- Upon the Unfortunate News of My Death – new
- Boko Haram’s Greatest Hits – originally published in A Million and One Magazine
- Anthrax and Cherry Blossoms – originally published in A Million and One Magazine
- Somebody You Used to Know – new
- Blue Heather – new
- Down Gallow’s Way – originally published in Red Moon District by Underground Voices
- Wild Horses – new
- When Night Falls on Niagara – originally published in Eunoia Review
- Night of the Spider – originally published in The Stone Digital Literary Magazine