The 82nd Annual Academy Awards aired Sunday Night, March 7th, 2010. Below were my predictions for the winners in the major categories. The actual winners were filled in after the Oscars are announced.
Well, I scored a personal worst of only 11/24 this year (after a record shattering personal best score of 18/24 last year), but I’ve never been happier to have been so wrong. The right film actually won for the first time since, well, I don’t know when!
Highlights of the evening included:
- A few genuine surprises in the screenplay categories and for foreign language film.
- Hosts (Baldwin and Martin) who were actually funny.
- No musical numbers spare for the humorous opening! (Though there was an annoying dance number for the best score nominees)
- The humility, humor, and quiet heartbreak of Sandra Bullock who knew she did not deserve to win but was so sincerely thankful.
- The humility of Kathryn Bigelow who knew she deserved to win (and made history in doing so) but also knew there are more important things and more important people to honor than films and filmmakers.