Election Night Drinking Game

Well, folks, Tuesday November 4th is just around the corner, so here’s what all of you Joe the Drinkers have been waiting for:

Your 2008 Election Night Drinking Game Initiative!

The rules for this one are simple and come courtesy of my friends Karen and Diane.

Just follow these 5 easy steps:

1.  VOTE!   (If possible, early and often)

This is the most important step, good citizens.  Remember:

“One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.”  -Plato

2.  Purchase your favorite bottle of vodka.  I recommend sending an olive branch to Palin’s neighbors and buying Stolichnaya.

3.  Purchase two boxes of jello: cherry and berry blue.

4.  Make two batches of jello shots:  red and blue.

5.  Watch the live election coverage and take a red jello shot for each state that is called for John McCain and Sarah Palin and a blue jello shot for each state that is called for Barack Obama and Joe Biden.

With any luck, all the blue shots will be gone before you pass out or go to bed.

*Multiply steps two through four by the number of Joes attending your Election Night Party.

Written by David H. Schleicher

Advertisements

10 comments on “Election Night Drinking Game

1. pacer521 says:

I love it! Great post and blog. I am really enjoying your latest work.

Thanks, I’m enoying your blog as well. I hope you analysis is the correct one come election day. –DHS

2. Rachel says:

This is SUCH a fun idea! I’ll be linking to this.

Rachel, thanks for the link! –DHS

3. Spanky says:

Daf,

I love it!!!!

Love,
    Spanky (aka, Karen)

Tell our former Washington Insider thanks for the idea! –DHS

4. urbzen says:

I’m not a big fan of drinking games–I don’t need anybody to TELL me to finish my drink, thankyouvermuch.

Instead, I’ll be playing Election Night Bingo–you can download the cards here: http://urbzen.com/2008/11/03/election-bingo/

Cheers!

5. Dan says:

I love the Jello shot idea. If you feel like sipping a beer between states that get called, I’ve been trying to come up with an Election Night Drinking Game of my own.

Check it out here:

Great rules! For those wanting to chug beer, follow the link above. –DHS

6. mcmisura says:

Good one! If McCain & Palin win, I might just have to do some serious drowning of sorrows and wallowing in misery.

7. Jen says:

I’d love to play, but considering I’ll be at work until midnight, and shooting jell-o shots is kind of against policy… I’ll DVR it and play tomorrow!

8. Jen says:

… I could do it with no booze…. but where’s the fun in that?

9. jammerz says:

Awesome idea… bad experience with Jell-O shots once, hahah, will be sticking with beer & straight shots in my house, I’m sure. We’ve got our own drinking game rules up, check it out: http://oregonjon.wordpress.com/

10. exponentialsmoothing says:

awesome

Provide your own Spin and tell us what you think!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s