Well, folks, Tuesday November 4th is just around the corner, so here’s what all of you Joe the Drinkers have been waiting for:
Your 2008 Election Night Drinking Game Initiative!
The rules for this one are simple and come courtesy of my friends Karen and Diane.
Just follow these 5 easy steps:
1. VOTE! (If possible, early and often)
This is the most important step, good citizens. Remember:
“One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.” -Plato
2. Purchase your favorite bottle of vodka. I recommend sending an olive branch to Palin’s neighbors and buying Stolichnaya.
3. Purchase two boxes of jello: cherry and berry blue.
4. Make two batches of jello shots: red and blue.
5. Watch the live election coverage and take a red jello shot for each state that is called for John McCain and Sarah Palin and a blue jello shot for each state that is called for Barack Obama and Joe Biden.
With any luck, all the blue shots will be gone before you pass out or go to bed.
*Multiply steps two through four by the number of Joes attending your Election Night Party.
Written by David H. Schleicher