Margaret Schroeder’s Temperance League be damned!
And now what all the kids have been clamorin’ for since the series premier…
The Schleicher Spin Boardwalk Empire Drinking Game!
Feel free to add your own rules in the comment form as the series progresses, and thank your lucky stars Prohibition is dead – though please drink responsibly.
Take a swig when:
- Someone anachronistically drops the f-bomb
- Someone is shot, stabbed, lynched, kicked, slapped or beaten
- Al Capone (Stephen Graham) “makes a statement” – which would warrant a double-shot when occurring in conjunction with the rule above
- Nucky (Steve Buscemi) chews out his butler
- Margaret (Kelly Macdonald) mentions “the childreeeen”
- Lucy (Paz de la Huerta) shows us her “de la Huerta”
- Jimmy (Michael Pitt) looks wistfully out a window or talks about “just passin’ through”
- Agent Van Alden (Michael Shannon) does something creepy (remember the ribbon?)
- Gillian (Gretchen Mol) performs in a show
- Mickey Doyle (Paul Sparks) giggles
- A song is sung at Babette’s Supper Club
- A title-card announces that we are no longer in Atlantic City (i.e. we’re now in Chicago or New York)
- Someone drives by the Hammonton: Blueberry Capital of the World sign
- Throw a party if Martin Scorsese returns to direct another episode!
And don’t forget to continue following the…
Rules and regulations by David H. Schleicher