Have you been struggling to find the proper “home” for a favorite story you’ve written?
Are you maybe looking to find ways to reach more readers in the digital age?
Well…roll back The Stone and uncover a great opportunity!
The Stone – a Digital Literary Magazine and unique new experiment from The Schleicher Spin – is actively searching for fresh talent.
Our Premier Issue was released in December of 2011, and we are currently gathering material for our Second Issue we hope to have ready by late spring/early summer. We seek contributors, both independent and established writers, from across the globe to submit us their best and most dynamic stories.
Wondering what types of stories we publish?
Read more about The Premier Issue by clicking here.
…or click here to download a copy for only $1.99 (USD).
Think you have what we’re looking for? Send it our way!
Not sure if you have what we’re looking for? Send it our way anyway!
What have you got to lose other than the potential to be read by hundreds (and hopefully soon – thousands) of people from across the globe? We are proud to say our readers and contributors currently hail from North America, Europe and Asia. (Hint – Where are all my South Americans, Africans and Australians?)
When submitting – please follow these guidelines:
Entries that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered.
- We are looking for original, previously unpublished works written in English.
- We currently do not have a word limit, however, we typically publish stories of 5,000 words or less. If your story is longer than that, just make sure to knock us dead. Flash fiction is also welcome.
- We are open to stories of varying themes and styles, however we will not consider children’s stories or erotica. Stories that could be classified as genre pieces (i.e. cozy mysteries, fantasy, sci-fi) are not what we typically look for, however, literary stories with creative use of genre elements (we love a bit of mystery or a good twist as much as the next guy) are welcome and encouraged.
- All submissions must be sent via email.
- Email your entry to email@example.com with “Submission: Story Title and Author Name” in the subject line.
- Include your entire story in the body of the email along with a brief author bio as you would like it to appear if your story were to be selected for publication. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY ATTACHMENTS!
- We will do our best to respond to your entries in a timely manner, within six weeks if possible. Please do not send a follow-up inquiry unless six weeks have passed.
- We do accept simultaneous submissions but ask that you notify us as soon as possible if your entry has been selected for publication in another magazine. We promise to have a drink in honor of your success and hope that you consider us in the future for other works.
- If selected for publication, we ask for first publication rights. At this time we are not able to offer payment, but we do offer the satisfaction in being published and having your story available to readers across the globe. After publication in The Stone, you are free to republish your story in additional anthologies. We simply ask that you reference that the story was first published in The Stone.
- Rights for all individual published works revert to the author upon publication. The Stone Magazine reserves the right to archive and republish works previously featured.
Founder and Editor – D. H. Schleicher