This December, the most anticipated “long-awaited” sequel in film history since The Godfather Part III, will finally be here.
In honor of Anchorman 2’s upcoming release, I invite my idiot and learned readers alike to name their favorite films from uber-funny and 21st-century absurdist satirical mastermind, Will Ferrell.
Here are The Spin’s Top Ten picks –
- Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006) – Shake & Bake, Dear Lord Baby Jesus and Rickeeee Bobeee. This was Ferrell, John C. Reilly and Sacha Baron Cohen at the height of their powers.
- Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004) – Stay Classy. Not much else to say here.
- The Other Guys (2010) – The scene where the Rock and Samuel L. Jackson leap from a building is still one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
- Step Brothers (2008) – Ferrell and Reilly again in all their monumentally moronic man-child glory.
- The Campaign (2012) – Political farce just got Farrelled. Continue reading