It’s official, when it comes to the music on my iPhone, “L” is the best letter of the alphabet.
Not only do three of my favorite songs EVER (the Goodfella‘s inspiring Derek & the Dominos version of “Layla”, Dylan’s “Like a Rolling Stone” and The Eagles “Lyin’ Eyes”) begin with the letter “L”, but my “L’s” are also a completely stress-reducing mix of weirdly juxtaposed but oddly complimentary tracks that make any traffic jam, jam. It also makes me realize I am very, very tragically white.
Here’s the complete song list:
- Lake of Fire – Nirvana
- Landslide – Fleetwood Mac
- Late Morning Lullaby – Brandi Carlile
- Layla – Derek & the Dominos
- Learning to Fly – Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
- Leaving Las Vegas – Sheryl Crow
- Let it Be – The Beatles
- Let Me Go – Cake
- Lift Em Up – Bruce Peninsula
- Like a Rolling Stone – Bob Dylan
- Limp – Fiona Apple
- Little Black Submarines – The Black Keys
- Livin’ on the Edge – Aerosmith
- Livin’ Thing – Electric Light Orchestra
- The Long Way Round – George Rafferty
- Love Ridden – Fiona Apple
- Low – Cracker
- Low Light – Pearl Jam
- Lyin’ Eyes – The Eagles
Naturally, I had to include “Layla” here:
The music video for Cracker’s “Low” with Sandra Bernhard is also still pretty damn good after all the years, dontcha think?
So what’s your favorite letter of the alphabet in your music collection? Share you lists in the comments field!
Written by David H. Schleicher